Morgan Moments

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Waiting

Waiting requires patient trust. That short statement is filled with three big words - waiting, patience and trust! Words that require action in order to be fullfilled. I must choose to wait by an act of my will, giving up my own plans so that I can allow the Lord to fullfill His plan in His own time. That is the trusting part....His own time. This is where I tend to get ahead of God and think I know what He wants and start planning it away. I am learning again and again to stop and listen. I read in a book today that 'what we wait for is not more important than what happens to us while we are waiting.'.....and its true. I love how the Lord knows exactly the situations we are going to face and exactly what we need to learn as we go through them. It's perfect... we just need to take the time to recognize it.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

My Smart Smart Friend. I am just reading through Corinthians and am struck by the our weakness his strength thing. I was wondering the other day at 430 pm after a day of Sam so crabby from his molars coming in - I feel so weak Lord - How can I boast in this weakness??? Timely - Right after I gave a speech at church about relying on Christ to be our sufficiency in all areas...
I will say a prayer for you tonight Christine - I see good things going on in you - Christ is working - his ways are so above ours - just keep trusting....

Love ya

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home