Morgan Moments

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Trust

I've been learning a lot about TRUST lately. Actually, if I think about it, it has been a theme in many areas of my life for the past few months really. Letting go of control is such a hard thing for me to deal with. It is instictive and most of the time, I am totally unaware of its tight grip. But again and again, I hear God's quiet voice telling me to let go and give up my ideas, my plans and the way I best see fit. I know in my head that God has his best in mind for me, yet there is a part of me that doesn't always believe that. Because if I did, I wouldn't worry about having everything under control. Trusting God is hardest when we can't see what's ahead. Its easy to trust Him when everything is going good, but uncertainty creates a sense a fear and fear disrupts faith and becomes the biggest obstacle to trusting and obeying God.
I've been reading a book by John Ortberg called, "If You Want to Walk on Water, You've Got to Get Out of the Boat". I read this book about 4 years ago actually with a small group, but I found it again before the summer and started reading through it again. It's been quite timely. The book is about experiencing the thrill of living by faith by having the courage to step out of our comfort zones. I'm looking over the edge of many of my comfort zones these days...not knowing what's ahead and what the plans God has in store for me. I have many ideas, but the hardest part is not getting ahead of God. I want to learn to wait, which I think really is the ultimate test of trust. Learning to rest in His plan and live in obedience to Him daily is my goal. I want to experience the fullness of His plan and for once in my life, not get carried away with my own. Its hard, but I want it. I know it will be better that way. So here's to learning to trust....

2 Comments:

At 6:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Christine...
I'm so proud of you and I can really see how God is using you and teaching you some pretty cool things...I love you so much!
Becky

 
At 1:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful little journeys I take when I read your blog Christine! I know envy is not good, but I kinda do envy this place you are in right now...this time you have been given to think and read and see and experience and enjoy and reflect and step outside yourself...COOL! I love how I can see you thinking right on the blog page...thanks for sharing!

Nan v.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home