Morgan Moments

Friday, September 15, 2006

So now what do I do?

So I'm not quite sure what to do with myself these days. I mean, I can always find things TO DO, but what I really mean is the bigger scale of 'what to do with myself'. The job scene is looking a little bare right now. I applied to some job positions that opened up this past week, but no interview calls. The positions were mostly .5 or .25 contracts that were created since classes needed to be rearranged or newly created as the actual number of students increased from the progrected enrolments back in the spring. I had my sights on a few positions in particular, but who am I admist the hundreds of teachers wanting that same position? I am, however, on the supply teaching list (or for some of you westerners, substitute teaching list) here in the Niagara school board. So for that, I am thankful. We had our official meeting at the board office this week to set up our accounts and give us all the information on how the automated calling system works. Most of us were all set to be activated on the list, except for one little glitch.....our up-to-date police checks. It is policy that no teacher can officially start supply teaching without an up to date check. This does make sense, except for the fact that having just come out of teachers college and gone through this process a couple times already, you'd think that I'd be good to go. Apparently it appears as if there is a chance I could have committed a crime within the last couple weeks, because my last police check expired only at the end of August. Hmmphhh!! So now I have to get a new one, fork out another $40 from my pocket and wait until its all processed so that I can officially enter the classroom. Many of my friends are in the same boat and we're all a little discouraged. We decided to take the trip to Hamilton, where they guarantee a 2 week processing time, in order to speed up the process. For some reason it takes 6-8 weeks in Niagara, and that would be a long time to wait to start teaching. So here I wait again. I mean, it is nice to have this phase in my life to actually slow down and rest and not be crazy busy, but I am getting antsy. I've been hanging out and catching up with several of my 'stat-at-home-mom' friends, which has been great, although a little weird since I am not yet either a wife or a mom!! I'm learning a lot though!! I am thankful to my parents who graciously allow to me to still live at home and have been a great support during this time. God's timing will always be perfect and I am continuing on in this journey of learning to trust and rest and wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home