Morgan Moments

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Mmmmmm.....grapes!!

I wish I could capture the smell of this picture. It is one of my favourite smells in the world and it only lasts for a few weeks each year. Brad and I took a nice Sunday afternoon drive along the many beautiful roads around here and captured this shot. Vineyards are ripening all over the region and as you drive around, you can smell the sweet grapes everywhere. You just keep breathing in and breathing in to maximize the sweet aroma that lingers around the vineyards. Some vineyards already smell like fermented grapes, while others are just starting to ripen. And some grapes will stay on the vines until the middle of winter when they are harvested for ice wine. The smell always signifys the beginning of fall and I look forward to it every year. I just wish I could put it in a bottle!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM , Blogger Dave Heywood said...

Christine! I can't believe you found my blog, I just visited there for the first time in months and caught your note. Needless to say, you run my SHOW in setting up a blog. Pretty impressed by what you have going here. I'm going to start frequenting the blogosphere a little more I hope, so keep in touch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home