Morgan Moments

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

first supply teaching call

I thought I would describe my experience last night as I received my first supply teaching call from the school board. Okay, so I'm making supper and not even really thinking about receiving a call when the phone rings and I see its the school board. So I'm kinda pumped, kinda nervous, not really sure how it all works. I pick up the phone and the automated system begins and asks me to punch in my ID#. Well, I haven't exactly used my ID number to this point, so I didn't have it memorized, so in a panic, I'm yelling to my mom to run downstairs and get the stickie note with my number on it, not knowing how long I have to actually get my number in before it hangs up on me. While my mom is getting the number, I get a beep from stupid Premier Fitness (which you'll recall I won a 2 week membership too and have since tried to convince me to spend copious amounts of money buying a full membership with them) who I was not pleased to hear from in the moment. The beep threw off the automated system so I couldn't hear when I was suppose to punch in the number. Apparently the first ID number I tried was the wrong one so I tried a different ID number, which afterwards I found out was actually the correct one, but for some reason it wouldn't accept it on the phone...probably because the beep threw off the timing (again, annoyance at Premier Fitness). I kept punching in the number but it still wouldnt' recognize it and after a few minutes, all I could hear was a dial tone. So you can imagine the tizzy of a scene it was as I was trying to figure it all out, find my number, actually punch in the right number, not let dinner burn and calm down my annoyance at Premier Fitness. I was thinking of billing them the cost of a day of supply teaching. What do you think? At least this didn't all happen at 6am, unlike some other friends I know. (Right Amber?)
And so, my frist official call turned out to be a mess. However, there was hope because I received another call that night and handled the whole thing much better. In fact, I have quite a few dates lined up already for the coming weeks. Its actually kind of like a RACE. I went online to look for postings and found a few. So I accepted them, and then went back and there were more posted. So I obviously grabbed those as well before anyone else could. Kinda fun!! So I am officially starting to supply teach now. I am hopeful that more calls will be coming soon. Its getting exciting now. That first paycheck for teaching is going to be so sweet!!

1 Comments:

At 6:29 PM , Blogger Stephen and Amber said...

Good for you! I hope your first day went well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home