Morgan Moments

Monday, March 05, 2007

See this girl here?
And see this boy here?

The two of them (and their very large noses!) are going to become husband and wife!!!
That's right folks! You heard it right. Christine Martens and Brad Morgan are officially engaged!! On Saturday afternoon, Brad asked me to marry him. He was very wise and caught me totally off guard while we were hiking on our usual path. As we were walking, I was in front of him. This now, I realize, was part of his plan!! So Brad had my video camera out, which wasn't unusual since we often take pictures together and video clips of stuff we do. He was taping while we walked and I kept bugging him to turn it off since it wasn't really exciting movie material. Well, what I didn't know behind me was that when I wasn't looking, Brad was getting the ring out and flashing it in front of the camera and when I turned around, he would hide it. So finally, he was close behind me and as I was bugging him to turn it off, he said No! I want to give you something. And when I turned around, he was down on his knee to propose. Its quite funny cause the video of this moment depicts my surprise quite well as the words that kept coming out of my mouth repeatedly were something to the effect of, what? what's going on? is this happening? etc. etc. You think you can predict what you are going to say in those very precious moments, but when you actually experience it, you realize you have absolutely no control!! After I agreed to marry him, without hesitation I might add, we just kinda stood there for a bit soaking it all in and wondering what to do next!!! We hiked back to my place and surprised my parents and then the furry of activity began!! The night FLEW by as we celebrated over dinner and spent the rest of the night calling all our family and friends. My favourite part was surprising Ted & Julie and Matt & Becky, who have been suspicious for months now and anticipating our announcment at any moment. We totally surprised them and are so happy to have such amazing friends to celebrate our engagment with.

So here we are in our more normal state...the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Brad Morgan. So many exciting things ahead in the coming months. We are planning for an August wedding so the next few months will be busy busy. I am so thankful for the opportunity that Brad and I have, though, to head to Florida on Friday with my parents for a week of relaxing before the busyness hits. It will be nice to have that week together to start planning our wedding. Keep checking in for updates as we approach the big day. I'm sure there will be lots of post about.

18 Comments:

At 6:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS....Absolutely amazing...I am soooooo excited for you guys...It's gonna be great...Why do we always have our coats on whenever we take a group shot?
Remember to have FUN over the next few months and ENJOY the planning and preparations...it such a great time!
I love you guys!
Becky

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Brad and Samantha said...

Congragulations to the both of you!
Enjoy this time of planning and engagment. Have fun in florida.

brad

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Stender Statement said...

SOOOOOO excited for you Christine! Congrats to you both! I wish you all the best as you begin the plans and such. This is such a fun time...enjoy it! Love you. (ps...great hair by the way! Fabulous!)

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger Lexi said...

Congrats Christine! So happy for the two of you! I still remember the first time I saw you together. You had come and watched me, cara and heidi in a play at the church. That was the first time it hit me how perfect you and brad are together! anyways, good luck in planning the wedding and also take the time to enjoy these moments!

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger April said...

congratulations!!! I guess you won't be coming here for the summer?

 
At 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christine -
Congratulations!! That is SO exciting! I am very happy for you. I actually ran into Brad's sister at Swiss Chalet on Sunday, so she let us in on the news! I was waiting for a blogger post!! I hope I get to see you sometime soon and congratulate you in person! Pass on the congrats to your fiance as well.. and have a great time in Florida:)

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Congratulations and God's blessings! We are so happy for you. It will be fun to keep updated on all your plans. You look so good, by the way.

 
At 4:43 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

Congradulations!!

 
At 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to post the video?!? Brenda was all blubbery too. it must be a girl thing.

Congrats from the Thiessens in Hamilton!

 
At 11:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been wondering if this post would be coming up soon:) Lovely! Wonderful! Fabulous! I am excited for the continued learning and growth ahead for you both in this new context. enjoy!
-christina

 
At 10:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, and I missed the phone call which I assume was to tell me the news in person. Luckily I went to your blog the next day and even got to see some pictures. I really wish an exciting experience for you during your engagement. Good luck with all the wedding planning cuz life is about to get crazy! Congrats to the two of you.

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger bri and shawn said...

CONGRATS!!!
I KNEW it would be coming soon. I JUST knew. (don't ask me how, as I live across the province and haven't see you in too, too long...)

that is just fantastic and wonderful!
keep the posts coming!!!

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you. May God bless you both and be the middle of your wonderful relationship.
Enjoy the journey.
Andrea, Sascha and Judy

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Leah said...

Christine, that is wonderful!!! I am so happy for you. Blessings on you both.

Leah

 
At 4:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christine (aka Auntie Christine:)!!)
CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement! We definately share in your excitement and look forward to the next few months with anticipation to your wedding! As you know this has been a long time in coming....posting a comment (and your engagement :)!!) but we definately wanted to respond to such a special event in your lives! WE LOVE YOU BOTH so much and wish God's many, many blessings on you as a couple!
With love from us all, Wes & Briar, Kaityn, Berlin & Rowan
P.S Have an awesome time in Florida!! Talk to you soon!

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger Leah said...

You should post a close up of your ring for us to oooh and awwww over!

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger michelle said...

CHRISTINE!!! how exciting is that!!! congrats to you guys .... that's soo great!
luv michelle

 
At 5:26 AM , Blogger jenna and brianna konkle said...

wow.
i'm
late
with
this
comment.
17?!
pop
u
lar...
iLOVEyou.
and wish/pray for the bESt!
gimmie
the
details!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home