Morgan Moments

Friday, October 13, 2006

The weird weather of the Niagara Region

Speaking of the 'unexpectedness' of supply teaching, I awoke to a call today from the principal of the school I was scheduled to supply at in Fort Erie saying that school was actually cancelled becuase of a major snow storm. What? I was quite confused, not just because I had just barely opened my eyes and it was before 7am, but because I looked outside my window to see absolutely nothing on the ground, not even rain! So only a mere 30 minutes down the highway, almost 2 feet of snow was dumped on the ground, trees are down everywhere, hydro poles are down and the principal said, quote on quote, 'it looks like a war zone'. I guess the highway is even shut right down. And....more snow is on the way. Its a little hard to believe it, but I guess its true. I am even watching it on Canada AM as I type. The Great Lakes really create some weird weather situations. Fort Erie and Buffalo were hit the worst and I guess travelling to the US right now is, well, a long wait. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.....I hope I don't have to officially pack up my flip flops just yet.

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM , Blogger jenna and brianna konkle said...

dearest.
i have the most idEAl solution to your not wanting to put your flops away yet...i live in the philippines.
COME OVER! :D
i love you. and love reading your thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home