Morgan Moments

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Officially a Teacher!!

Well, it has certainly been awhile since I've had a chance to sit down and update all my viewers! I feel like so much has happened since I last wrote...the biggest thing being that I have now successfully finished my teaching block and am officially a teacher....minus the diploma which will come next month at grad!!
My last few weeks teaching at Vineland were a blast. That is probably part of why I feel like so much has happened....the days are filled with so many different things. By the end, I was teaching 100% of the day doing a unit on Ancient Egypt, running Literature Circle groups on a novel study and teaching Math on probability. The Egypt unit was my favourite I have to say. I learned so much and it was totally interesting. The kids actually knew a lot already and were always bringing me stories and facts. Although I am happy to be done and have completed my training, I will miss the kids alot....even the busyness of planning. I couldn't have asked for a better class of students. I would love to post pictures of my students, but I am not sure about all the legal issues surrounding that. You'll just have to imagine all my cute little grade 5 and 6's!!
So now I am in a transition time....waiting and preparing for an interview with the school board, looking for a summer job and hoping for a teaching position in the fall. Its all a little uncertain but just something that we all have to go through to get into the teaching world. But I am thankful for the downtime and chance to reflect on my teaching experiences. I do know that I am so excited to be working as a teacher in the years to come. It's such an amazing job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home