Morgan Moments

Sunday, April 16, 2006

The weekend cont'd...

Well, it definetly feels like spring has arrived....The weekend has been so warm and sunny, it's given me the 'canardlies'...something my grandpa always says when he 'can hardly' wait for something. So, I've got the canardlies for outdoor spring activities....biking, running, beach volleyball, hiking, gardening and yes...even lawn mowing! And I haven't even begun to talk online about my freakish lawn mowing obsession!! We'll get into that another time though! Oh, and in case you were wondering about the flower shot...don't worry, we're not THAT much into spring yet! This was taken from our hibiscus plant in our sunroom!! I only wish we could grow those beauties outside around here!!

Some good news to report...the fish are still alive!! Yes, they have made it through the long, arctic winter! Actually, lucky for them it was a warm winter or else I'm pretty sure they would not be with us. My dad cleaned out their home this weekend, so they have fresh water and a nice waterfall, and maybe now they will actually be able to see where they are swimming!! My mom is all excited now....I've heard her talking to them again.....which is a whole other story too!!


I wanted to share a few exerpts from my students on why they feel I should not give them homework (this past weekend!)

Dear Miss Martens,

..... I believe we shouldn't have homework because it is easter and we need to think where the easter eggs are not on math ......we don't want to get a paper cut .....I really want to play with my friends and eat loads and loads of candy .....I won't be able to do my homework because it is a religious holiday and I will probably be sick, and you don't want a sick student having to do homework.......I shouldn't have to do it becuase I will just lose it anyway so it's just a waste of your time!......I'll bet YOU don't like homework on holidays! (pretty good point!).......I believe we need a break from homework...plus I am using my lucky pen to write this letter and I didn't smudge it or make any mistakes!! (so cute!) ....Easter is a time to spend with family and to have lots of fun.....I need to sleep in and then watch T.V., it is what I do!.....if we have homework, we can't be active and we will become fat from just sitting......and my personal favourite...you are the best student teacher and are so kind (this one's got the right idea!!)

Anyways, thought some of those were cute. Just in case you were wondering, they still had homework this weekend. Not much, but the teacher always reserves the right to change her mind!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:26 PM , Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

Hey Christine! Just so you know I changed our blog adress to storiesoncd.blogspot.com

 
At 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home