Morgan Moments

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Limericks anyone?

So my third week of teaching is almost complete. Our exciting poetry unit is coming to an end tomorrow with our big poetry cafe. The kids will have an 'open mic' to share their poems accompanied with hot chocolate, snacks and music. I sort of mentioned, when I was hyping it up, that there might be a 'special guest' coming as well. I didn't think much of it, but the kids asked me about it today and so i kept the secret. The thing is...I got nothing!! One girl even came to me and said.."I think I know who the special guest is....Robert Munsch!!!" As if!! It was quite funny. So now I'm racking my brain trying to think of what I can do to impress the kids. All i got so far is a hairy brown wig, some HUGE glasses and a disco flavoured jacket and shirt!!!!
Anyways, I'm sure I can pull of something!!!
I wanted to share this limerick that one kid in my class wrote. He was totally into limericks and was writing them left and right. He's pretty bright so here's what he came up with on his own....

There once was a number called 1 zillion
Who was proud to be bigger than 1 billion
Then he said 'achoo'
'Cause he was off to Peru
To visit his cousin 1 million.

Hope that makes you chuckle!!!

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring your dad in....i think he's pretty cool!

 
At 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

 
At 11:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey christinescorner1.blogspot.com blogger found your site via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home