Morgan Moments

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Olympic Addict

Is it just me, or is anyone else addicted to the Olympics? I absolutely love watching them and will be so sad once they are over tomorrow. I've been able to be home in the afternoons a lot lately, which I intend to use for homework purposes, but I'll sit down to do something and hear the games in the background and eventually find myself infront of the T.V. We've actually had the T.V. tuned in to CBC almost all the time! I have totally enjoyed the speed skating and following Cindy Klassen. I have to admit that I shed a little tear when she won gold and Christina Groves won siler in the 1500m. What an awesome feeling!! Did anyone see the little segment they did on Cindy's life and how she openly talked about being a Christian and taking the time to read her bible and put life in perspective as an athlete. They even talked about her missions trip to Mexico with her church from Winnipeg and Ron Maclean was talking with her highschool, Mennonite Brethren Collegiate, in Winnipeg. Anyways, I just thought it was cool that CBC would air all of that and choose Cindy as a role model and representative of Canada. What an opportunity for her!! So I'm going to enjoy the last couple days of games. It would be sweet if we could reach our goal of 25 medals, which is still possible as of today! Go CANADA!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM , Blogger Stephen and Amber said...

Hey Christine,

I have actually just finished teaching about the Olympics and Steph and I were watching lots of the coverage. It was intersting being in the States for it. I had to go to CBC.com tons to find out the Canadian side of the games!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home