Morgan Moments

Monday, January 09, 2006

God's Heart for Relationship

It seems that I have been posting quite a bit today. I have to admit that I have been at the computer alot today legitimately doing school work but also....well.....a little distracted too. But I came across this quote, well more of an excerpt, and wanted to make just one more post today to share it with you. It's by John Eldredge from his book "Captivating". Here goes....
"God wants to be loved. He wants to be a priority to someone. How could we have missed this? From cover to cover, from begining to end, the cry of God's heart is, "Why won't you choose me?" It is amazing to me how humble, how vulnerable God is on this point. "You will find me," says the Lord, "when you seek me with all your heart" (Jer. 29:13). In other words, "Look for me, pursue me - I want you to pursue me." Amazing.

As Tozer says, "God waits to be wanted."

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM , Blogger Christy and Dustin said...

I loved that book!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home