Morgan Moments

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Working out woes!

It happens every year about this time. People everywhere become obessed with fullfilling their new years resolution of losing weight and getting in shape. Where does this fitness frenzy come from? How come we can't have the same motivation the other 11 months of the year? And why do people suddenly find themselves analyzing their bodies and concluding that, even though they may not be any bigger than last year, they NEED to lose weight? I guess I can't be too critical since I too find myself amongst this crowd. Take today at the gym for example. I was going for a run around the track at school and when I arrived on the scene, I noticed that there were more people than usual up there. Normally being one of the only people on the track, I found myself being crowded out by all of these new faces as I started to run. Now, I have to say that although I do not use my gym membership as much as I would like to, I have been going on enough of a regular basis to take note of 'new members'. And so as I continued around the track, more and more people were joining, some passing me and some staying behind.
So I wonder then, how long will it take for many of these resolutions to die? Don't get me wrong, being a physical education student, I totally support the fitness intentions of anyone who want to improve their health, but really, who are some of these people kidding? Maybe we just need to become more content with our bodies and not worry so much about how we look and maybe we could just avoid this whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home