Morgan Moments

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Thinking

I have a problem. I think too much. I'm not exactly sure when I realized this. According to my parents, I have always been a thinker, but I really think that in the last few years, this discovery of myself has really hit me. Maybe its because as we grow up, more and more things need to be thought of. And for me right now, there are quite a few things going on in life that need thinking about. But then again, maybe there always will be. Thoughts are racing through my head these days about the process of becoming a teacher, brad, the direction of my career, applications, brad, teaching philosophies, assignments, brad, friends, what I'm going to do this summer and did I mention brad! seriously people, thinking about things all the time cannot be healthy, i'm sure of it. You know, its interesting too because since I've started this whole blogging thing, I seem to be thinking even more.....more about what went on in my day, what I learned, how I could make a story funny, what I could make a cool movie about, or just how I could express my thoughts in a way that sounds right and encourages people at the same time. Tough work! As much as a fun tool that this is to stay in touch, I hope that blogging doesn't become a source of distraction and craziness for me....but rather a tool that allows expression and enjoyment.
Doesn't the mind amaze you? I mean, just think about it. We have the power to control what, how, and who we think about (most of the time) and allow a million of those thoughts to float around in our heads (and sometimes collide). And just when you think you've become overwhelmed with all those thoughts, you can in a second, choose not to allow those thoughts to overwhelm you and let God take control. Amazing isn't it. Amazing that God gave us the ability to think, and to reason and to consciously choose Him. And yet, He knew that we wouldn't be able to handle ourselves sometimes and allows us to rest in knowing He know's EVERY thought going through our heads and WANTS to carry them for us and help us sort them out. What a comfort. I hope that my thinking can turn more and more into resting.

2 Comments:

At 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 
At 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Flip cellphones http://www.vacuum-cleaner-2.info/Troybilt_pressure_washer.html spring orange mobile phone

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home