Morgan Moments

Monday, January 23, 2006

Mondays

Ah, Mondays! Getting up in the dark, out of cozy blankets into a chilly room, only to drive to school and sit through some classes that don't really teach you anything you don't already know. Gotta love it! Most of the time, I would say that Monday is my least favourite day of the week, but oddly enough, I find myself rather motivated on Mondays (mind you, its quite later on in the day that that happens!) I've determined though, that its becuase I have been quite unproductive on the weekends as of late and Monday just seems to be a day of reorganizing for me. And for some reason, I tend to work harder and want to work harder at things when I know I have a big list to accomplish. Is this strange or does anyone else feel this way?
I heard on the radio this morning as I drove to school that today was actually considered the most depressing day of the year. Something to do with the middle of winter, it being a Monday and lots of Christmas bills piling up. Hmmm....interesting. How the heck do they calculate that? I'd really like to know the scientific reasoning behind that one. Lucky for us it was beautifully sunny today. I am always amazed at the power of sunshine to make you feel that much better...at least for me anyway (probably because there are some pretty significant spiritual applications to that!). In fact, it was so nice out that in the afternoon, I decided to go for a little bike ride into town. Its hard to believe its the middle of January sometimes. If you looked around, you would think its spring. People out walking everywhere, kids playing street hockey, flowers blooming....okay maybe not that one, but seriously, we've had some unusually warm days. Nothing like last winters arctic conditions. Anyways, so I felt like I was 8 again as I rode into town with my little back pack on. I went to the local library to get some books for a children's literature project I have to do. I seriously haven't been in there in like 7 years. The funny thing was that when I went to check out my books, I actually had an outstanding fine from 1998. Good thing it was only $1.20.
On my way home, I stopped in to do my Canadian duty and vote. I hope everyone else did the same. From watching the election on T.V. tonight, it looks like its going to be a Conservative Minority government. I'm not exactly sure what thats going to mean, but probably some changes will be coming our way...hopefully for the better. Maybe this Monday will turn out to be pretty good after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home